- What are lightroom presets
- How do you install it
- Where can I get free presets
In the field of image post processing software, only one company is king. That company is Adobe. They made Photoshop which is widely regarded as the best image post processing software in the business today simply because it can do anything you want it to do. You can manipulate elements of an image using this software. Whether you want to add or remove something, you can do it with Photoshop. But, Adobe didn’t stop there. They have also developed a more streamlined software that is more inclined to the photographers. It’s called Adobe Lightroom.
Lightroom is an image post processing software that is capable of non-destructive edits that Photoshop can do. Aside from that, it can also manage all the pictures in your computer. You can arrange and organize them using its library capabilities. Lightroom also has a unique feature where you can import and export presets. These presets are pre-saved settings that you can apply to any number of photos.
So how do you install it then? Follow these instructions:
- Download the lightroom presets free file. It should be a zip or rar file depending on which software you are using.
- Make sure to extract it and remember where you extracted it to.
- Open Adobe Lightroom.
- Go to the Develop option and click New Preset Folder on the menu.
- Make sure to populate it with the preset you downloaded before you click Create.
- Now, open an image and go to the section that says Presets.
- Click the Develop module and select the folder you just populated. Right click on the folder and hit Import.
- Go to the folder and make sure to select all the preset files. Presets files have an .lrtemplate suffix in them.
- Hit the Import button. Once it is done, you can restart Adobe Lightroom.
- You can now access the presets you downloaded.
Pretty simple right? If you are looking for lightroom presets free, you can visit Sleeklens’ website. They provide amazing free presets that you can use.